AR Associate (1-3 yrs)
We are searching for detail-oriented, analytical Accounts Receivable Professional to assist the department as it receives, processes, and collects on products sold or services rendered. The Accounts Receivable Professional will work closely with internal departments to ensure that accounts are properly billed and that payments are collected on time. You will also review account information, correct discrepancies, and speak to clients to establish better payment terms.
To succeed as an Accounts Receivable Professional, you should be a skilled and thorough researcher with excellent communication and record keeping skills. You should be detail-oriented, organized, and self-motivated with strong math and computer skills.
Accounts Receivable Responsibilities:
- Processing, verifying, and posting receipts for products sold or services rendered.
- Researching and resolving account discrepancies.
- Processing and recording transactions
- Maintaining records regarding payments and account statuses.
- Obtaining information from other departments to ensure records are accurate and complete and that accounts receivable ledgers and journals are up to date.
- Working with the collections department to review accounts and client payment and credit history to develop new or better repayment terms.
- Performing administrative and clerical tasks, such as data entry, preparing invoices, sending bill reminders, filing paperwork, and contacting clients to discuss their accounts.
- Generating reports and statements for internal use.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Combination of education and experience may be accepted.
- Strong math, typing, and computer skill (MS Excel, MS Word), especially with bookkeeping software.
- Excellent communication, research, problem solving, and time management skills.
- High level of accuracy, efficiency, and accountability.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to build relationships with clients and internal departments.